Sunday, April 27, 2008

first rain 1




I was reading first rain write up of someone… and I was reminded of many that I cherish…
The first one is here…
It was a Friday I guess…. Not the first Friday I spent on that tiny 17 acre campus
Of cohesive community and enchanted wilderness
Small to accommodate all that happens in creative minds…
Some 300 put together so it used to flood….
And sabarmati used to add to the vigour of this flood…
So it was the Friday most probably….
Evening had just born to grow up to a seductive beauty
The clouds came in to garland her and make her theirs
She flushed and it poured….
I sat at BBC… near the hostel B…
With all of them and we started to…
Dance just when she said yes to those clouds
Abhi…the girl was out there first…
Nu was also there how could me sit behind
So I rushed and said yes… to the clouds
Who came for the evening and became mine…
They tied an anklet of droplets and made me sway
They beat the drum to the garba beats so I moved…
Started with tiny steps of shy sashay and
Progressed almost geometrically to vital
Forced and then passionate… rain dance…
All yelling… giggling… some just watching and chuckling…
Me not there… m transported…to clouds…
As I meet them, they put their hands around my waist
They touch me through my thick ikkat…
Which was to remain soaked long after the rain are gone
Oh this is called life… its life… and I live in that moment…
And then there are channels newly born…
Gushing… noisy flowing through my bare feet
A bare feet traveler looks at me…
Nah! He looks through me across…
To a green clad lady… love at first sight…
Esmeralda comes to me … I look drunk… she looked drunk
Do you know any STD PCO…. And I am back to reality
Oh yes! Its at the main gate…
Can you come along… I need to make a call
Oh sure! Sure… my friend… and I find a friend for life and beyond…
I meet another on the main gate dressed in yellow (he thinks it was black or red but yellow)
He smiles… is that you N I heard of you…
Didn’t know you were this bohemian… mmmm
And I know I found another friend for life…
Cause he knew at the first glance what metal m made of…
This was S… I splashed water… jumped and laughed aloud
And it felt heaven….

No comments: